Esegesi Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot 2008

Winery: Eugenio Rosi
Region: Trentino
Grape Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Merlot
Products: Red combination
Price: 625,- Kč

Are you interested in this product?

Contact us!

+420 774 963 115 info@viadelvino.cz Flemming Laugesen

“Esegesi” to underline the production philosophy.

Characteristics

“Esegesi” to underline the production philosophy which has sustained the birth of this product in different phases. The vineyard consisting of 80% Cabernet Sauvignon and the remaining 20% Merlot is located in the area of Monte Pipel on the Rovereto hill, at 350 meters a.s.l. The soil composition is lime stone clay with a calcareous base and a south exposure. The property of Paolo Grigolli, the vineyard is trained by Eugenio to a cordon spur, so that they can make the most of the pedoclimatic conditions in the area. The objective of maximum polyphenolic maturation is arrived at through low yields and by avoiding any type of forcing including irrigation. This way Eugenio has the possibility of delaying the vintage so that the Merlot is slightly overripe. He harvests the Merlot together with the Cabernet in the middle of October. The vinification takes place in part in new wood and the remainder in stainless steel or preferably in cement with a long maceration on the skins. The cap is periodically punched down and pumped over until fermentation ends. Then the cap remains submerged until the wine is drained off. The wine continues its maturation for two years in wood duringwhich period the malolactic fermentation takes place. Eugenio used Burgundy barriques as well as small 7.5HL casks in Slavonian oak to avoid covering the aromatics of the grapes with the toasting of the barriques. Maturation is concluded when the wine is left to rest in the bottle for 18 months. “Esegesi” would like to be the interpretation of a vineyard, and all the choices in the vineyard and in the cellar are made to try and develop the particular characteristics that these varieties express in this territory, lending importance to elegance and finesse.

About the Wine, by Eugenio Rosi

The wine is a unique creation, a symbolic landscape, executed with a sensitive and respectful hand. Laid out on the hills of Trentino
around the town of Rovereto, surrounded by the sun and kissed by alpine breezes, the bright rows of Cabernet and Merlot vines grow and mature. Trough tender distress to the grapes, according to the method of wrapping the crown, the wine sucks in the aroma
of the vine. After slow maturing in barriques and small traditional barrels, our wine expresses its own essential character. Refined
by quiet bottle aging, it grows to the perfection of its taste diversity. Thus is born the Exegesis, i.e., the revelation of this vineyard,
this landscape and its maturation, as well as the specific characteristics of the vine in our land. Our wine Esegesi is thus the embodiment
of aristocratic elegance, a refined product that is able to create emotion again and again.

About the Label, by Tamara Rosi

Esegesi (exegesis) means explanation and interpretation at the same time. It is the interpretation of a sacred text: the vine which has
been cultivated with passion and turned into wine. With irresistible force it aims to bring together all human beings through their individual uniqueness. The dual face embodies humanity as such, which assisted by the cultural heritage of wine helps create social
togetherness. That is why we are proud to be able to present this product as part of our lives and our wine philosophy, with the desire
that every human being may create their own vitality.

Taste products for this winery

Select another region All products